Through December we always end up with an abundance of candy canes. Do you have some Peppermint Candy Canes you want to use up? Or perhaps you may just love the fresh minty taste, then you’ll love these Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies. Drizzled with white chocolate and crushed candy canes they are sure to satisfy your chocolate cravings!
I have to give credit to my Miss 13 for making these, she is really becoming a wizz in the kitchen!
Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
- 125g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup white chocolate melts
- 1/2 cup peppermint candy canes, roughly crushed
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper or silicon mats.
- Cream butter and sugar in an electric mixer until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat until combined.
- Add cocoa and flour, slowly mix through.
- Roll heaped tablespoon into balls.
- Place on baking trays, spread apart to allow for
cookie to expand.
- Bake in
oven for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- After cookies have cooled, melt white melts following packet directions.
- Drizzle chocolate over each cookie with a teaspoon.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Stand for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
MORE CHRISTMAS RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
CHEATS MINI CHRISTMAS PUDDINGS – 3 ingredients + 10 minutes you’ll have a platter full of delicious mini christmas puddings!
SUPER EASY CARAMEL TARTS – These tarts have become a ‘requirement’ when I catch up with girlfriends for morning tea or dinner parties. They are extremely yummy and…
SUPER EASY CHRISTMAS REINDEER BISCUITS – A very quick, easy and I think adorable Christmas Reindeer Biscuit. The kids can make these for end of school year party day!