Friday nights are our easy finger food dinner nights… I love these evenings. Everybody gets involved with making dinner, helping out as we are all so tired at the end of the week, taco’s and pizza’s are always a great option. We are an ‘eat at the dinner table’ style family, but when it comes to pizza we sit in front of the TV and watch a movie, aah I love those nights.
I make my pizza dough in the thermomix which is really quick and easy. However before my thermomix I used to use frozen McCain pizza bases, wholemeal pizza bases from Bazaar or made my own base which was an old Tupperware recipe, which I can’t find, I’ll keep looking and share the recipe with you soon.
We like varying our pizza toppings each time, but meatlovers style pizza is always a favourite. I found this recipe in the recent Super Food Ideas magazine, we really enjoyed the topping combination.
As we are a family of 5, we need 2-3 pizza’s, but each of us have our likes and dislikes, I love anchovies and son and hubby like olives so we usually put olives on one and anchovies on the other.
Chorizo & Salami Pizza
- 3/4-1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cup grated pizza cheese
- 200g shaved leg ham
- 16 slices shaved salami, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum, sliced
- 2 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 220C fan forced.
- Make 2 of your favourite pizza bases.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over each base.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese over each base.
- Top with ham, salami, chorizo, onion, capsicum and other desired toppings.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Top with basil and serve.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
What is your favourite pizza?
2 INGREDIENT PIZZA BASE – A very quick and easy recipe to fill the a lunchbox, for the kids, hubby (your partner) or yourself. The bases are only 2 ingredients, then add your desired topping. It’s a great way to use up any left over meats or vegetables at the end of the week.
PIZZA TOASTED SANDWICHES – I think it’s perfectly acceptable to have toasted sandwiches for dinner, especially when you have had a nutritious dinner the night before and eaten reasonably healthy through the day. Toasted sandwiches are perfect for those nights that you really can’t be bothered with dinner, a great easy dinner idea that I am sure your family will enjoy too.