Chocolate Weet-bix Slice Recipe. A delicious childhood classic recipe that is a great chocolate treat for morning tea or as a lunch box snack.
We have a lovely coffee lady, who stops at Organised HQ most mornings, and she makes the most delicious vanilla coffee…yes I have an addiction LOL. Anyways, she made a chocolate slice the other day and it took me right back to my childhood, a recipe I hadn’t thought about in so long that my mum used to make allllll the time! It’s funny how food can bring back memories like that. I searched mum’s recipe books and found it.
Chocolate Weet-bix slice is the perfect treat for school lunch boxes or for yourself with that morning or afternoon cuppa! Plus it is a great way way to use up the weetbix crumbs and broken biscuits in the bottom of the box. This recipe does not last long in my house, sadly it is usually all eaten within 2 days. So much so, that I have adapted the recipe to make it a super big batch so that it lasts more than 2 days. This slice recipe is ideal for freezing, especially as it makes a larger quantity. I’ve been using these containers for freezing my baked goods as their seal is completely liquid and air-tight.
Crush the weet-bix and add to your mixing bowl with the caster sugar and coconut. Sift the flour and cocoa into the bowl and mix all the ingredients.
I used my lasagna pan for this recipe, it was the perfect size for the bigger recipe. Line your pan with baking paper to make it easier to lift the slice out once it is ready.
Spoon the mixture into the pan and press it down firmly. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
Once the slice is out of the oven, prepare the icing and pour it over the slice while it is still warm from the oven.
Recommended Tools to Make Chocolate Weetbix Slice
- Lasanga Pan
- Cooling Rack
- Chasseur Silicone Spoon with Wooden Handle
- LocknLock Freezer Safe Food Storage Containers
Chocolate Weetbix Slice
- 6 Weetbix biscuits
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 cup self raising flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 300g salted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/3 cup hot water
- desiccated coconut to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Line a lamington pan (30x20cm) with baking paper.
- In a large bowl crush the weetbix, add coconut and caster sugar.
- Sift flour and cocoa into bowl. Stir to mix through.
- In a jug mix together melted butter and vanilla.
- Pour into bowl of dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly into pan. Press mixture down firmly into pan.
- Bake slice in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Once slice has been removed from oven prepare the icing.
- In a large bowl sift icing sugar and cocoa.
- Add water and stir well to combine.
- Pour icing over slice while still hot.
- Sprinkle with additional coconut.
- Allow slice to sit until completely cooled.
- Slice into small squares to serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or in a cool dry place.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Chocolate Weet-bix Slice recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.