I bake healthy snacks for my kids through the week, but occasionally I do like to treat them to something ooey, gooey and utterly yummy as a Friday after school treat.
I found this Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Icing in the thermomix recipe community. I’ve never tried Chocolate Cream Cheese icing before and must say, this was so good I will definitely be making it again.
Here is a very similar regular version for you from Good Chef, Bad Chef.
I found the recipe on the community page hard to understand, I read their instructions to add all ingredients, not reading further enough for EXCEPT boiling water, so I have re-typed it out here, plus I also don’t cook it for as long as it recommended. recipe credit to pkwilly.
Chocolate Slab Cake
- 100 g Butter
- 250 g milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 460 g sugar
- 290 g plain flour
- 65 g cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bi-carb
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 230 g boiling water
- 200 g icing sugar
- 75 g Butter, at room temp
- 30 g cocoa
- 150 g cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease up 2 x 20cm cake pans or one large lamington pan.
- Melt butter for 2 min / 60°C / speed 2, or until completely melted.
- Add milk, eggs & vanilla extract, mix 3 seconds / speed 3.
- Add sugar, flour, cocoa, bi-carb and baking powder, mix 20 seconds / speed 4.
- Add boiling water, mix 10 seconds / speed 4.
- Scrape sides & bottom of bowl, mix 10 seconds / speed 4.
- Pour into pans and cook 25 minutes if using 2 pans, 35-40 minutes if using one large pan, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave cake in pan for 5 minutes, then carefully turn out and allow to cool completely before icing.
- Add icing sugar, butter, cocoa and vanilla to a clean TM bowl, mix 5 seconds / speed 6, or until mixture comes together.
- Add cream cheese, mix speed 7 / 10 – 15 seconds, or until combined and motor takes off!
- Put in butterfly, mix 2 minutes / speed 4.
- Ice cakes as required!
By Kat – The Organised Housewife