Award winning restaurant located in the heart of the Hunter Valley, Esca Bimbadgen, has put together an incredible chocolate fondant recipe that is sure to impress all your friends.
- 200g good quality dark chocolate
- 200g unsalted butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 7 eggs
- 120g plain flour
- Using some extra butter, grease the dariole moulds on the inside and allow the butter to set in the fridge, repeat this process so you have two layers of butter.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a metal bowl over the top of a pot that is lightly simmering with water, alternatively you can melt them in short bursts in the microwave.
- In the mixer, combine the eggs and sugar and beat on a medium / high speed until the mix is white and leaves a trail in itself (ribbon stage) about 10 minutes.
- Sift the flour into the creamed egg and sugar in two batches, folding through the flour between additions.
- Fold through the butter and chocolate mix
- Pour into the dariole moulds and set in the fridge
- Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees, you will need to test bake a fondant to get the timing right.
- When the oven is hot place a fondant on a tray in the oven and allow to cook for 7 mins.
- When it is cooked, turn it out onto the tray it was cooked on and allow any excess butter to run off, leave the dariole mould on the fondant to allow the outside to set fully.
- Remove the dariole mould and break open the fondant, it should be soft and gooey inside, If your fondant was completely cooked through, reduce the cooking time, If the fondant was too fragile and broke too easily, increase the cooking time.
- Serve with some seasonal fresh raspberries, and Ice cream or crème fraiche.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Esca Bimbadgen Restaurant
P: 02 4998 4666
E: [email protected]
Open 7 days for lunch 12pm – 4pm.
Dinner Wednesday to Saturday nights from 6pm.
Located within Bimbadgen Winery – 790 McDonalds Road, Pokolbin NSW 2320