Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are a classic flavour combination. While there are so many recipe varieties, this one from reader Melissa S. is my absolute favourite. They are soft, delicious and are made using common household ingredients – meaning you can be ready to whip up a batch at any time! These muffins are also “double chocolate”, having both cocoa and chocolate chips baked in.
This muffin mixture makes up quite a few muffins, which makes it a fabulous recipe to make and store in the freezer. I made this recently using 1 x 12 hole regular muffin tin + 2 x 24 hole mini muffin tin, or you could make a full batch of mini muffins, this batter would make 60 mini muffins.
Chocolate choc chip banana muffins
- 3 banana, mashed
- 90g butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa, sifted
- 1 cup of choc chips
- Preheat fan forced oven on 180°C.
- Grease a 12 hole and 2 24 hole mini muffin trays, this mixture makes quite a few muffins.
- Place banana, butter, milk and eggs in bowl, mix.
- Add, flour, sugar, cocoa and choc chips, mix until combined.
- Spoon mixture into muffin holes.
- Bake mini muffins for 8-10 minutes and regular muffins for 12-15 minutes, or until golden.
- Allow muffins to sit in tin for 5 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife