I have quite a few zucchini’s growing in my vegetable patch, which I am so surprised with how quickly they have grown, considering we only planted the seedlings just before Christmas. I’ve been making lots of dinners with them, but I also like to sneak zucchini into my baking, our favourite to date is the zucchini brownies. Honestly, if it wasn’t for the green flecks the kids wouldn’t know they are eating zucchini, it doesn’t add a funny taste, I have found that it makes the brownies and muffins lovely and moist.
I’ve baked these up and put them in the freezer to pack into the kids school lunches. Check out my 50+ favourite freezable lunchbox recipes, for recipes to help fill your freezer.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C, fan forced.
- Line a 12 hole muffin pan with muffin cases.
- Combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Create a well, add egg, oil, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Carefully mix wet ingredients with a fork, then combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips through the mix.
- Divide mixture among muffin cases and bake 18-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Suitable to freeze.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
My other zucchini recipes
GARLIC PARMESAN ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO BAKE – This recipe for Garlic Parmesan Zucchini and Tomato Bake is a delicious side dish, giving some vegetables a tasty twist.
ZUCCHINI AND SWEET POTATO SLICE – This zucchini and sweet potato slice was a really lovely light meal, perfect for those very hot days to serve cold with salad.
ZUCCHINI CHOCOLATE BROWNIES – Sneaking in the zucchini makes this brownie rich, moist and ooh so yummy. Your kids won’t even realise this brownie is a little healthy too!
QUINOA AND ZUCCHINI FRITTERS – Teamed together with the smoked salmon, I was in heaven and even more happy because there were left overs and I called dibs!! I find these are better warm or cold, rather than eaten straight from the pan.