This Choc Chip & Oat Biscuit recipe is just like Anzac biscuits (which are one of my most favourite biscuits) but with chocolate chips. These freeze well to make a great addition to the kids’ lunch boxes or as an after school snack.
Choc Chip & Oat Biscuits
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 125g butter
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup milk choc chips
- Preheat oven to 160C fan forced.
- Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper or silicone mats.
- Combine rolled oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a large bowl.
- Melt butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add bicarb and stir until foamy.
- Pour butter mixture over dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add chocolate chips and fold into the mixture.
- Place heaped tablespoons of mixture onto prepared oven trays, flatten slightly.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 mins until golden.
- Cool on trays for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
I use silicone mats instead of baking paper when I use my oven trays as they have so many benefits:
- saves money on baking paper
- better for the environment
- they are reuseable
- very easy to clean
- great for kneading dough as it keeps the bench clean
- makes cleaning the oven trays easier
TIP: Never use a sharp knife on the silicone mats as this will cut through.
AVAILABLE ONLINE: I use the MasterChef Fibreglass Silcone Baking Mat, available online here.