I’m a huge fan of meat and 3 vegetables, I laugh though because my Nan used to always cook it and I found it so ‘boring’ as a child, I remember complaining, meat and vegetables again. But my Pop loved it, he was such a fuss pot that my Nan just cooked him easy, simple meals. Nan used to regularly make her rissoles, they were always the same plain beef with homemade gravy, she knew how to make gravy!! I haven’t yet mastered this technique, although I do get hubby to cook the rissoles on the BBQ so I don’t have a pan of juices to use.
I also like to make my own rissoles, but do like to make a variety, so I’m not always serving the same. This chicken and vegetable rissole recipe hides in a few simple vegetables like carrot, zucchini and onion. I make a big batch so I can either freeze uncooked patties for another night or cook them all up so we have left overs for dinner the following night, or the kids enjoy having them on rolls for school lunches.
Chicken and Vegetable Rissoles
1 hour 45 mins
- 1kg chicken mince
- 1 3/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Use your hands to combine all ingredients.
- Form into small patties.
- Cover and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour, this will help them not break apart during the cooking process.
- Cook on BBQ or on a lightly oiled frying pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve with salad or vegetables.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
More Rissole Recipes you may like
Sesame Lamb Rissoles – these are my ultimate favourite rissole. I’m not a huge fan of lamb, but couple this together with sesame and BBQ sauce I am content!!
Homemade Beef Rissoles – Whenever I make homemade beef rissoles I usually double the batch so I can pop some in the freezer to have ready as a meat and 3 vegetable meal or hamburgers.
Salmon Patties – A very simple, healthy and delicious recipe. Salmon Rissoles are a great way to feed more fish to your family.