A simple and tasty Chicken and Spinach Pasta Bake recipe that can be thrown together quickly – and eaten in even less time!
If you’re in need of a fast dinner idea for a busy weeknight, then look no further than this chicken pasta bake. It doesn’t take long to prepare and the kids will absolutely love it!
To create this dinner, simply start cooking the pasta, fry some onion and garlic in the frying pan, then shred a BBQ chicken.
To be frugal you could poach your own chicken rather than purchasing a BBQ chook from the supermarket. See my tips on poaching chicken here.
Freezing: You can make this meal in advance and freeze it! That way you will have a quick and easy dinner on hand for nights when you aren’t well or don’t feel like cooking.
Chicken and Spinach Pasta Bake
- 2 cups spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g passata (tomato pasta sauce)
- 1 BBQ chicken, shredded
- 100g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 cups tasty cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Cook pasta following packet directions, drain and return to saucepan.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion and stir for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add onion mixture, passata, chicken, spinach and 3/4 cup cheese to hot pasta. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a 12-cup (3L) ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake pasta bake in oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden. Serve.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Chicken and Spinach Pasta Bake recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.