Need a fast dinner idea. This Chicken pasta bake doesn’t take long to put together and the kids will enjoy it!
Simply start cooking the pasta, fry some onion and garlic in the frying pan, shred a BBQ chicken.
To be frugal you could poach your own chicken rather than purchasing a BBQ chook from the supermarket. See my tips on poaching chicken here.
Chicken and Cheese Pasta Bake
- 1 x BBQ chicken, shredded
- 2 cups spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups tasty cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cook pasta following packet directions, drain and return to saucepan.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion, stirring for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add onion mixture, pasta sauce, chicken, 3/4 cup cheese and spinach to hot pasta.
- Stir to combine, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a 7cm deep, 24cm x 19cm (base) baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until browned, or if your needing it faster place under the grill until browned.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.