Need a fast dinner idea. This Chicken pasta bake doesn’t take long to put together and the kids will enjoy it!
Simply start cooking the pasta, fry some onion and garlic in the frying pan, shred a BBQ chicken.
To be frugal you could poach your own chicken rather than purchasing a BBQ chook from the supermarket. See my tips on poaching chicken here.
Chicken and Cheese Pasta Bake
- 1 x BBQ chicken, shredded
- 2 cups spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 100g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 cups tasty cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Cook pasta following packet directions, drain and return to saucepan.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion, stirring for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add onion mixture, pasta sauce, chicken, spinach and 3/4 cup cheese to hot pasta. Toss to stir through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a 3L capacity baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake pasta bake in oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden. Serve.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife