We had friends over for dinner and I wanted to make something that I know we would all enjoy. This Chicken Pad Thai is a really easy dinner that everybody enjoyed. I made mine in the thermomix, but taste.com.au has a super easy regular recipe here.
Chicken Pad Thai
- 500g chicken tenderlions
- 2 eggs
- 1L water
- 20g water, additional
- 200g flat rice noodles
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced or spiralised
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced or spiralised
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 10g coriander
- 1 chilli (optional)
- 35g peanut oil
- 20g tomato sauce
- 20g soy sauce
- 30g fish sauce
- 30g oyster sauce
- 90g sweet chilli sauce
- 50g brown sugar
- 250g bean sprouts
- 80g crushed or finely diced roasted peanuts
- Fill thermomix jug with 1 litre of water, place on lid.
- Place chicken into varoma dish.
- Wet scrunched baking paper, line on varoma tray not covering side vents.
- Whisk eggs with water in a small dish, pour over baking paper in varoma tray.
- Place the varoma ontop of jug and cook 10 mins / Varoma / Speed 4.
- Check to see if omlette is cooked, if so remove from tray roll the omlette into a tight roll, slice into thin strips, then put aside in a thermo-server. The omlette may take longer if chicken is covering vents in varoma dish.
- Move chicken around dish to ensure even cooking, place ontop of jug.
- Continue to cook the chicken over jug of water in varoma dish 10 minutes / 100C / reverse / speed 1.
- Place the noodles into jug with boiling water.
- Place capsicum, carrot and zucchini into varoma tray, place ontop of varoma dish. Cook for 4 minutes / 100C / reverse / speed 1.
- Drain noodles.
- Place noodles and vegetables into thermo-server.
- Shred chicken with fork, place into thermo-server.
- Dry jug.
- Add onion, garlic, coriander and chilli to jug, mix speed 5 / 4 seconds.
- Scrape down sides mix again speed 5 / 4 seconds.
- Pour oil into jug, saute remove MC / 2 minutes / 90C / Speed 2.
- Add all sauces and sugar into jug, mix with MC / speed 3 / 5 seconds.
- Place ingredients from thermo-server, bean sprouts and sauce from jug into a large bowl, carefully stir to combine.
- Use tongs to serve into bowls, garnish with peanuts.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Chicken Enchiladas – Chicken Enchiladas are one of our family favourite Friday night dinners, I think I say this all the time when I share a mexican recipe, but we truly do love anything and everything mexican in our household. I love that this recipe is so quick and easy to prepare, with the option to poach your own chicken or skip this step and save a few minutes and buy a BBQ chook.
Ricotta Gnocchi with Eggplant Sauce – My kids helped, boy the kitchen got messy, but we had a lot of fun making dinner together
Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon – Typically mac and cheese is just that, macaroni and cheese sauce, but my kids love a little bacon flavour and crispy breadcrumbs on top.
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.