A family friendly Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe that will warm the body, soothe the soul, and chase away any pesky winter germs.
Chicken soup is my go to for flu season! It’s pretty quick to make (in fact I often have extra frozen for times like these), is easy on sore throats, and is gentle on sensitive stomachs too.
This Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe is a lovely creamy dish, and the ultimate comfort food that packs a punch in the nutrient department.
I use celery, carrots, onions, and baby spinach in my soup, but you could easily add extra vegetables to suit your own tastes.
Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g chicken breasts, diced into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 3/4 cups thickened cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 500g potato gnocchi
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat, add chicken, cook until browned and cooked through.
- Combine milk and cream in a jug
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large saucepan
- Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic, stirring over heat until onion is translucent
- Add flour and stir to coat vegetables, cook for 1 minute
- Slowly pour milk mixture over vegetables continually stirring
- Add chicken, continue stirring until sauce thickens (this may take 10 minutes)
- Add chicken stock and bring to the boil
- Add gnocchi, spinach, thyme and parsley, simmer over low heat until gnocchi is cooked
- Serve with parmesan cheese
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.