Can’t get enough of Mexican Food! Chimichangas are commonly known as a tortilla rolled around a savoury filling and deep fried. I don’t own a deep fryer, for health benefits I prefer to oven bake everything so I just simply put these in the oven.
These Chicken Chimichangas makes 8-9 parcels. To make this meal feed more, serve with a side of salad.
- 2 cups cook chicken, shredded
- 250g cream
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 8 tortillas
- Mix together chicken, cream cheese, mexican cheese, taco seasoning and spring onions.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, cream cheese, shredded cheese, taco seasoning, and onion.
- Divide evenly into the middle of each tortilla.
- Fold in each end, then roll to close.
- Place seam side down in a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Bake at 180C for 15 minutes, then turn and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
MORE MEXICAN RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
MEXICAN CHICKEN ENCHILADAS – I love that this recipe is so quick and easy to prepare, with the option to poach your own chicken or skip this step and save a few minutes and buy a BBQ chook. View my Chicken Enchilada recipe here.
HEALTHY CHICKEN QUESADILLAS – I LOVE Mexican with quesadillas being one of my favourite dishes. So easy to make, a great weeknight family meal. View my Chicken Quesadilla Recipe here.