Can’t get enough of Mexican Food! Chimichangas are commonly known as a tortilla rolled round a savory filling and deep fried. I don’t own a deep fryer, for health benefits I pefer to oven bake everything.
These Chicken Chimichangas makes 8 parcels, my kids would eat 2 each. To make them feed more, serve one parcel with salad.
- 2 cups cook chicken, shredded
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 230g mexican cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 8 tortillas
- Mix together chicken, cream cheese, mexican cheese, taco seasoning and spring onions.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, cream cheese, shredded cheese, taco seasoning, and onion.
- Divide evenly into the middle of each tortilla.
- Fold in each end, then roll to close.
- Place seam side down in a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Bake at 180C for 15 minutes, then turn and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
click on image to view recipe
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.