A super quick and easy Chicken Pasta Bake the whole family will enjoy, with a cheesy carbonara twist.
This a one of those great weekday dinners that can be made quickly in the evening, simply boil the pasta, brown the bacon, garlic and onion in the saucepan, shred the chicken and add the sauce ingredients into a jug. Mix everything together in the saucepan and pour into a casserole dish.
Then sprinkle with cheese. This Chicken Carbonara Pasta Bake is not creamy despite having a creamy sauce base. When baked the cream and eggs cook together to make a quiche-like texture.
Chicken Carbonara Pasta Bake
- 2 cups spiral pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 pieces shortcut bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 300ml thickened cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 BBQ chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, following packet directions.
- Drain and return to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add bacon, cook, stirring for 3 min or until bacon is near to your liking.
- Add garlic and spring onion. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- In a jug whisk together cream, eggs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add egg mixture and chicken to pasta, stir through to combine.
- Spoon into a casserole dish and sprinkle with tasty cheese.
- Bake pasta bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife