This chicken bolognese is a great twist to one of my kids favourite dishes, spaghetti bolognese.
Filled with some delicious vegetables, onion, celery, mushrooms, you could also add carrots and capsicum too!
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 stick celery, finely diced
- 4 mushrooms, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 500g chicken breast mince
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 400g diced tomatoes
- 2tsp soy sauce
- Cook spaghetti following packet directions
- Heat tablespoon oil in pan over medium heat
- Add onion, celery, mushroom, bay leaf and garlic, cook for 10 min until soft
- Add mince, brown
- Add tomato paste, cook for 1 min
- Add tomatoes and soy sauce, simmer for 15 min
- Serve with spaghetti
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
I originally found this recipe in the Better Homes & Gardens February 2011 magazine.
Vege Packed Bolognese – Spaghetti Bolognese is my kids favourite dinner, they would happily eat it each week if I planned it. I usually double this recipe and either freeze it or plan to have it in a different meal later that week (left overs).
Beef and Bacon Pasta Bake – This beef and bacon pasta bake add’s in a little extra flavour beyond the basic jar of pasta sauce.
Chicken Coconut Curry Meatballs – Through my childhood I was always served meat and 3 veg. And I must admit sausages or chicken schnitzel, mash and vegetables would have to be one of my favourite weeknight meals. However, sometimes I like to fancy it up and this Chicken & Coconut Curry Meatballs is exactly that.
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.