Chicken and Sweet Potato Lasagna
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50g olive oil
- 1 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 400g tomato passata
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon TM stock concentrate
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- big handful baby spinach leaves
- 4 fresh lasagna pasta sheets
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese
- 50g butter
- 50g flour
- 500g milk
- Add garlic and onion to the mixing bowl, mince 3 sec / speed 6.
- Add oil and sauté 3 minutes / Varoma / speed 1.
- Add carrot, zucchini and capsicum, chop 5 sec / speed 6.
- Then cook 3 min / Varoma / speed 1.
- Add chicken mince and cook 10 min / Varoma / reverse / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add passata, tomato paste, stock, cook 10 min / 100C / reverse / speed 1 / MC off.
- Set chicken mixture aside while you make the béchamel sauce.
- Add butter, flour and milk to a clean thermomix bowl, cook 7 min / 90C / speed 4
- Assemble the lasagna, dollop a thin layer of white sauce on the bottom of rectangular casserole dish then assemble as follows: lasagna sheets, chicken mixture, spinach leaves, thinly sliced sweet potato, bechamel sauce… repeat until the top of the baking dish, 3 layers.
- Finish with a lasanga sheet, few spoonfuls of white sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30 – 45 minutes at 180 degrees, or until golden.