This Chicken and Sweet Potato Lasagna is a great twist on the traditional beef lasagna, with the delightful addition of vegetables hidden inside, carrots, zucchini, capsicum, onion, sweet potato and spinach. My kids loved it, which was fantastic. I first made this when I was trying to introduce more sweet potato into our diet. I haven’t really loved sweet potato until recently, now it’s one of my favourite vegetables.
I found this recipe on the Thermomix recipe community, but it was missing a step so I have added it here.
Assemble the lasagna with a small dollop of white sauce on the bottom of rectangular casserole dish then assemble as follows: lasagna sheets, chicken mixture
Thinly sliced sweet potato
and bechamel sauce
repeat until you reach the top of the baking dish, which should be 3 layers.
Chicken and Sweet Potato Lasagna
1 hour 15 mins
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50g olive oil
- 1 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 400g tomato passata
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon TM stock concentrate
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- big handful baby spinach leaves
- 4 fresh lasagna pasta sheets
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese
- 50g butter
- 50g flour
- 500g milk
- Add garlic and onion to the mixing bowl, mince 3 sec / speed 6.
- Add oil and sauté 3 minutes / Varoma / speed 1.
- Add carrot, zucchini and capsicum, chop 5 sec / speed 6.
- Then cook 3 min / Varoma / speed 1.
- Add chicken mince and cook 10 min / Varoma / reverse / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add passata, tomato paste, stock, cook 10 min / 100C / reverse / speed 1 / MC off.
- Set chicken mixture aside while you make the béchamel sauce.
- Add butter, flour and milk to a clean thermomix bowl, cook 7 min / 90C / speed 4
- Assemble the lasagna, dollop a thin layer of white sauce on the bottom of rectangular casserole dish then assemble as follows: lasagna sheets, chicken mixture, spinach leaves, thinly sliced sweet potato, bechamel sauce… repeat until the top of the baking dish, 3 layers.
- Finish with a lasanga sheet, few spoonfuls of white sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30 – 45 minutes at 180 degrees, or until golden.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
The original recipe was created by Thermovixen Cass.
What vegetables do you like to hide inside lasagna?
Similar Recipes You May Enjoy
Cheats Beef Lasagna – We love lasange, but sometimes I just don’t have the energy or desire to be slaving over a hot stove making tomato and bechamel sauces. This recipe is so super simple using pre-made sauces from the supermarket for those nights you are feeling like some comfort foot but not spending too much time cooking.
Easy Chicken Lasagna – Here’s another chicken lasagna with lots of vegetables, but very little cooking time, great for those busy nights.