I love super easy dinner ideas and this Chicken and Basil Fettuccine is just that. As per the recipe you can use shredded BBQ chicken to make the recipe very quick, or to save a few dollars grill some chicken breast (slice the breast in half length way to cook through faster) until golden and slice.
inspired by this recipe here.
Chicken and Basil Fettuccine
- 350g fettuccine
- 300ml light cream
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups skinless shredded roast chicken
- 1/2 cup drained sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- thinly sliced green onions, to serve
- Cook fettuccine following packet directions
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- Return fettuccine to saucepan over medium-low heat. Add reserved liquid, cream, pesto, onion, chicken and tomato, stir through the fettuccine.
- Cook on stovetop for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with parmesan and onion.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
A lovely light meal, chicken and spinach spaghetti. I made this recipe in the Thermomix. You know I like to also give you a ‘regular’ recipe, however I can’t find a regular version, but this is very similar: creamy chicken pesto pasta, sounds delicious.
This Creamy Chicken and Pumpkin Pasta is delicious. There are a few steps to make this recipe – roast pumpkin, cook pasta and make mushroom/chicken mixture. You can roast the pumpkin ahead of time and heat before adding. I made the pumpkin when making the dinner and then started cooking the chicken/mushroom mixture 10 minutes later.
Easy family dinner recipe idea – savoury sausages with pineapple baked in the oven. The kids will enjoy this recipe!
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.