An easy chicken pasta recipe that can be thrown together with a tasty BBQ chicken, a little basil and some sun-dried tomatoes.
This is a really easy (and tasty!) dinner idea can be made in the time it takes to cook pasta, with just three extra minutes needed!
I love super easy dinner ideas and this Chicken and Basil Fettuccine is just that. As per the recipe you can use shredded BBQ chicken to make the recipe very quick, or to save a few dollars grill some chicken breast. Simply slice the breast in half length ways to cook through faster, and then slice up once cooked.
Chicken and Basil Fettuccine
- 350g fettuccine
- 300ml light cream
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups skinless shredded roast chicken
- 1/2 cup drained sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- thinly sliced green onions, to serve
- Cook fettuccine following packet directions
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- Return fettuccine to saucepan over medium-low heat. Add reserved liquid, cream, pesto, onion, chicken and tomato, stir through the fettuccine.
- Cook on stovetop for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with parmesan and onion.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Chicken and Basil Fettuccine recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.