These delicious homemade Chewy Chocolate Chip Muesli Bars are a perfect alternative to store bought muesli bars, and come together with just a few simple pantry ingredients.
These super tasty Chewy Chocolate Chip Muesli Bars are an easy to make snacks that everyone will enjoy. In addition to being more delicious and environmentally friendly than store bought muesli bars, these homemade treats also freeze well, meaning you can batch bake a few so you always have some on hand for school lunches.
When you’re baking them, just make sure you keep your eye on the oven as you don’t want to burn the choc chips like I did with some of these (oops!).
Whilst these homemade muesli bars can be frozen, I find my kids eat them so quickly, I barely have any left to freeze! Luckily though, there are only a few common pantry ingredients in these Chewy Chocolate Chip Muesli Bars, so it’s not hard to whip up some more.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Muesli Bars
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups rice bubbles
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Grease or line a square baking dish with baking paper.
- Place coconut oil, sugar, salt and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until sugar has dissolved, reduce the heat to low and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract; cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine oats and rice bubbles.
- Give the honey mixture a stir, pour over the oats and toss to coat. I found it easier to use my clean hands to toss.
- Firmly press the mixture into the prepared pan, ensure mixture is tightly compacted into pan.
- Sprinkle the top evenly with the chocolate chips, gently press them into the top of the bars.
- Bake slice in oven for 12-15 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Place slice in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into snack size bars.
- Store bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks (we never have any left after 1 week!) or the freezer for up to 3 months.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Chewy Chocolate Chip Muesli Bars recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
EASY TIP: Create HEAPS of freezable lunchbox snacks with my Lunch Box Recipes Cookbook.