Cherry Ripe and Mint Balls are a sweet chocolate Christmas treat that is easy to make. Roll them in coloured coconut for a fun festive twist.
This is one of those recipes we only make at Christmas time as a special treat. I used to make it often when my kids were little and now my daughter makes it for us. They just taste like Christmas to me, I think that is partially because I have so many memories of making them during the Christmas holidays with my kids when they were small.
Sometimes I take this recipe and instead of using 6 Cherry Ripe bars, I’ll split the base of the mix in half and add Cherry Ripe to one half and Peppermint Crisp to the other. Coat them in different coloured coconut to easily identify which flavour is which, and add it to the Christmas table for a festive treat.
Recommended Tools to Make Cherry Ripe and Mint Balls
Cherry Ripe & Mint Balls
- 6 Cherry Ripe bars
- 1 packet of Nice biscuits
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Desiccated coconut, for rolling
- A drop of pink food colouring
- A drop of green food colouring (if making mint balls)
- Place the Cherry Ripe bars, biscuits and cocoa in a food processor and blend.
- Add the can of condensed milk, mix to combine.
- Roll into bite sized balls.
- In a small bowl add coconut and food colouring, stir to coat coconut.
- Roll balls in the coconut.
- Store in the fridge.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
To Make Mint Balls: Use 4 Peppermint Crisp bars in place of the Cherry Ripe bars for flavour.
Or to make both flavours: Halve the base mixture, use 2 Peppermint Crisp bars in one half and 3 Cherry Ripe bars in the other half. Roll the Cherry Ripe balls in pink coconut and the Mint balls in green coconut.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Cherry Ripe and Mint Balls recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Pin this image below to Pinterest!