My son loves Carrot Cake, but not sure if he just loves the icing more, I suspect it could be. But I’m not complaining, I really enjoy both and happy to make both!! I split the batter in half and cooked it in two tins, then doubled the cream cheese icing recipe so I could layer the middle of the cake with more cream cheese icing, you can never have too much of this icing!
Find the Cream Cheese Icing Recipe here.
Carrot Cake with Cream cheese Frosting
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 2 cups
- 2 cups carrot, finely grated (approx 4 large carrots)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 300g icing sugar
- 125g cream cheese, cubed
- 50g butter, room temp
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Grease round cake tin
- Beat sugar and oil until combined
- Add 1 egg at a time, continue beating for another 2 minutes
- Add salt, bicarb soda, carrots, flour, walnuts and spices
- Mix until all combined
- Spoon mixture into tin and bake for 35-45 minutes or until lightly golden, reduce time slightly if you are splitting the mixture into two tins.
- Beat the icing sugar and butter together with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add the cream cheese and beat slowly for 1 minute
- Turn the mixer to
medium high, beating for a further 4 minutes or until icing is light and fluffy.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife