Date and Pecan Cake
1 hour 10 mins
- 125g butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1 cup self raising flour, sifted
- 300ml sour cream
- 1/2 cup dates, seeds removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw or demerara sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Grease and line 20cm round cake pan.
- Combine all pecan topping ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In separate bowl, beat butter, essence and sugar using electric mixer until light and fluffy
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until just combined
- Stir in flours, sour cream and dates
- Spoon half the mixture into prepared pan
- Sprinkle with half the pecan topping
- Spoon in with remaining cake mixture
- Sprinkle with remaining topping, pressing down lightly
- Bake at 180°C for 30-40 minutes.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife