I was searching my blog recently for this recipe and I couldn’t find it. I can’t believe I haven’t shared it with you before now. I have been making this Coconut Raspberry Loaf for years. It’s one of those easy mixes that can be easily whipped up in a mixing bowl with a spoon. There’s no need to get out the heavy mix master which makes cleaning up a breeze.
I make this often for an after school snack for the kids and to have with a cuppa when guests pop in. I bake the loaf, slice it up, and put it in the freezer (in a freezable container) and take out a slice and defrost as needed.
I use frozen raspberries as they are kinder on the budget than the fresh variety. This is a dense loaf with a delicious coconut flavour.
Coconut Raspberry Loaf
1 hour 35 mins
- 1 3/4 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 2/3 cups Self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- Pure icing sugar, to serve
- Add coconut to a large bowl. Pour over coconut milk, stir to combine.
- Cover bowl with lid or cling wrap and stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 170°C, fan forced.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Add vanilla, sugar, egg to coconut mix, stir through.
- Fold through flour.
- Gently stir through raspberries.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake in oven for 45-60 minutes until golden or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into slices to serve.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
this recipe was originally found on taste.com.au