A super yummy, decadent, and down right delicious Caramel Banana Cake recipe that will have the whole family licking their lips and asking for seconds.
What’s better than a banana cake? A caramel banana cake of course! This Caramel Banana Cake recipe is incredibly delicious, and the addition of caramel really is the icing on the cake (sorry, I couldn’t help myself!).
I have been making this cake for my son’s birthday for years as it is his absolute favourite… and one of mine too!
Overripe bananas are the best to use when baking. To make sure you always have perfect baking bananas on hand, a good tip is to pop them in the freezer when they start to look a bit sad. When you’re ready to bake some banana goodies – like this tasty Caramel Banana Cake or my Chocolate Banana Muffins – you can simply pull them out of the freezer and you’re good to go.
FYI – This batter tastes sooo good!!
Caramel Banana Cake
- 125g butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 60g butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 160°C, fan forced.
- Grease or line a round cake pan.
- Add butter and sugar into electric mixing bowl, cream for 3-5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, mix well.
- Add bananas, flour, bicarb soda, sour cream and milk.
- Mix on high speed for 30 seconds, until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into cake tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter and sugar, stir until butter has melted.
- Add sour cream, stir through and bring to the boil.
- Once bubbling, remove from heat. Sift in icing sugar and stir with a whisk until smooth.
- Pour icing over cake.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Caramel Banana Cake recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK ,INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
READ MORE: Tips To Organise Kitchen Drawers
GET BAKING: My Lunch Box Recipe Cookbook has HEAPS of yummy baking recipes!