Thank you to reader Carissa for sending in a picture of her Brioche buns, she loves these so much and wanted to share the recipe with us. This is what I love, recipes that people have tried and recommended, you know it’s got to be good! If you have a favourite recipe you would love to share please email it through along with a photo.
Carissa made these buns in her Thermomix, but I have also shared a link to a regular recipe below. She made these as a side for dinner, but they would also be great as rolls for the kids lunch boxes and make slightly larger rolls for hamburgers.
Do you make your own buns, what is your favourite recipe?
2 hours 30 mins
- 30g sugar
- 330g milk
- 15g yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 80g butter
- 650g bakers flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk, extra
- sesame seeds
- Place sugar into Thermomix bowl – 3 sec / speed 9
- Add milk – 90 sec / 50 degrees / speed 2
- Add yeast, butter, flour and one egg – 10 sec / speed 7
- Knead – 3 min / wheat
- Remove dough from bowl
- Place dough in a large lightly greased bowl. Cover with a slightly damp tea towel and place in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled in size
- Knock back the dough with your fist, divide dough into 20 smooth balls, each weighing 60 grams
- Place balls onto a lightly flour baking tray
- Preheat oven to 180C degrees
- Allow buns to rest in a warm place for 30 minutes or until nearly doubled in size
- Lightly beat the extra egg and milk together, brush the tops of the buns
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Place buns in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
I found this great step by step recipe to make Brioche, view here.