The perfect winter warmer! An easy to make dish that takes less than 20 minutes to prepare. Leave it in the slow cooker while you’re at work and come back and enjoy a perfectly tender and rich texture. This slow cooker beef goulash can be served with rice, pasta or simply on its own. This is one of my favourite meals for the colder months.
Slow Cooker Beef Goulash
8 hours 10 mins
- 750g beef, diced
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 200g mushrooms, quartered
- 2 red capsicums, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups beef stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1-2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Place beef, onion, garlic, mushrooms, capsicum, paprika, bay leaves, beef stock and tomatoes into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- If sauce is runny, add water to a small jug, spoon in cornflour and stir to create a paste.
- Add to slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Stir occasionally.
- Stir through sour cream and serve immediately.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
MORE RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
EASY SLOW COOKER BEEF CASSEROLE – A quick and easy 5 ingredient slow cooker recipe to warm you up on a winters night.
SLOW COOKER HONEY SESAME CHICKEN – Slow cooker Honey Sesame Chicken is easy to make, by simply adding everything into the slow cooker. An easy weeknight meal idea!
MILD FISH CURRY WITH RICE – A delicious mild fish curry the family will enjoy. Filled with loads of vegetables, onion, zucchini, carrot and pumpkin, but you really don’t need to limit it there.
RED COCONUT CURRY LENTIL & SWEET POTATO SOUP – The flavours are so incredibly rich and the lentils give a meaty quality, so you really don’t feel like you are missing out on meat.
SLOW COOKER MOROCCAN BEEF CURRY – I really liked this recipe, it is filled with loads of vegetables and chickpeas.