An easy Beef and Veg Macaroni recipe that the kids will love – the leftovers can even be plated up on toast the next night!
If you’re looking for an easy and quick weeknight dinner option (that the kids will actually eat!), this Beef and Veggie Macaroni recipe ticks all the boxes! What kid can pass on mince and macaroni?! You can easily sneak a few veggies into this meal too.
I often use peas and corn in my recipe, but you could add in carrot, capsicum, cauliflower – whatever vegetables you like. The brilliant bonus with this recipe is that you could easily double this dinner and have the leftovers on toast the next night!
Left overs would go great in a thermos in the kids’ school lunch boxes too!
Beef and Veg Macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 short-cut bacon rashers, diced
- 500g lean beef mince
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 cup macaroni
- Salt and pepper, to season
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook onion, garlic and bacon for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add mince. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, peas and corn. Stir through.
- Pour in stock and stir. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni following packet directions.
- Drain macaroni and stir through mince mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Beef and Veg Macaroni recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.