This Beef Macaroni recipe is a dinner that the kids will love, you can’t go past mince and macaroni. Plus the bonus is you could double this easy dinner ingredients make enough to have it on toast tomorrow night!
I’ve used peas and corn, but you can add whatever vegetables you would like, carrot, capsicum, cauliflower etc.
Beef and Veg Macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 short-cut bacon rashers, diced
- 500g lean beef mince
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 cup macaroni
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook onion, garlic and bacon for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add mince, cook and stir for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, peas and corn, stir through.
- Pour in stock, stir. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni following packet directions, drain.
- Stir macaroni through mince mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Left overs would also go great in a thermos in the kids lunch box too!
click on image to view recipe