A fast and easy beef chow mein dinner recipe that’s packed with veggies, noodles and lots of flavour – it’s a great recipe for all ages!
I have made beef chow mein for my family for years. The kids loved it as toddlers and I found it was a great way to add vegetables into their meals – plus the kids loved the addition of wiggly noodles!
When my children were little I would add in just a pinch of curry powder, but now that they’re older I add in more curry for a stronger flavour. It’s a great recipe for using up vegetables you have in your fridge. I like to make a double batch and give the kids leftovers for school the next day.
Beef Chow Mein
- 1 packet instant beef noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 2 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Cook noodles following packet directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook mince, onion and carrot for 5-10 minutes or until browned.
- Spoon garlic and curry powder over mince. Stir through and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add capsicum, celery and zucchini into pan. Stir through for 2-4 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Add in stock, oyster sauce and cabbage. Stir until cabbage has just started to soften.
- Add noodles to mince mixture. Toss to stir through.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Beef Chow Mein recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.