A fast and easy family weeknight meal. This can be served as per the recipe, or add in some vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, capsicum, cabbage and more to stretch it to feed more, make leftovers and add/or extra nutrients.
Add enough cracked pepper to suit the taste buds of your family.
Beef and Garlic Stir Fry
- 2 tlb peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg beef strips
- 2/3 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 tlb soy sauce
- 1 tlb hoisin sauce
- Heat 1/2 the oil in frypan
- Add onion and garlic, stir till soft, transfer to bowl
- Cook beef in 2-3 batches (this makes it easer to brown and beef will be more tender), frying until browned. Add all beef and onion into pan
- Mix together 1 tablespoon of stock with cornflour
- Combine mixture with remaining ingredients, stock, pepper, soy and hoisin sauce
- Pour into pan and stir until sauce comes to a boil
- Serve with rice
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.