Spread this pesto over a fresh loaf of crusty bread, stir through pasta with slices of chicken or bacon for a quick meal or use as a dip with crackers. I always find this Basil & Cashew Pesto Dip delightfully satisfying. I love basil it is my favourite herb and currently the one and only growing in my backyard, I made it a priority to pot one up shortly after we moved in.
pink flamingo’s pictured above are available online here.
I made some of this dip recently to serve at one of my kid’s birthday parties, a lovely savoury snack amongst the other treats.
This recipe can be found in the Thermomix cookbook, however it can also be made in a food processor for those of you that don’t have a thermomix, here’s the recipe below.
Basil & Cashew Pesto Dip
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 40g fresh basil leaves, washed
- 20g fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, washed
- 160g raw cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, to taste
- 60g extra virgin olive oil
- Place cheese, garlic, basil, parsley, vinegar and nuts in a food processor.
- Pulse until chopped.
- With motor running, gradually add oil.
- Process until well combined.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
More dip recipes you may enjoy
CURRY DIP – This is a delicious curry dip, add as much curry as you desire. A perfect accompaniment to vegetable sticks or crackers.
CREAMY TOMATO AND ONION DIP – Come late afternoon I feel really peckish, 18 months ago I would have gone for a sugar hit, however now I much prefer a little savoury snack and I love having some dip in the fridge for just this reason.
BACON AND ONION DIP – a lovely cream bacon and onion dip