Don’t you hate it when the fruit flies start flying over the old banana’s. I usually put them in the freezer at this time for muffins or smoothies, but I had an ample amount already in there so I made an impromptu afternoon snack to use up the old bananas.
Quick and easy, as simple as cutting a sheet of puff pastry into quarters, slicing 2 bananas and dividing into the lower half of each square, add a spoonful of nutella, sprinkle of coconut, fold over the pastry, seal the edges with a fork and bake in oven until golden, allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Banana Nutella Puffs
- 1 sheet puff pastry, partially thawed
- 2 Bananas, sliced
- 4 tablespoons nutella
- 2 teaspoons desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 220C fan forced
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into quarters
- Divide banana slices evently onto the lower half of each pastry square
- Drizzle a tablespoon of nutella onto each quarter
- Sprinkle with coconut
- Fold the pastry square over the bananas and seal the edges with a fork
- Place on lined baking tray, bake in oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife