Banana & Nutella Muffins
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 medium over-ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 12 teaspoons nutella
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Prepare 12 hole muffin tin, line with muffin cases.
- Place banana’s into an electric mixing bowl. Using whisk attachment, whisk bananas on medium speed until mashed.
- Add sugars, mix through bananas.
- Add in eggs, oil and vanilla, slowly mix together.
- Place flours and pecans into mixture, gently combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cases.
- Place a teaspoon of nutella on top of each muffin.
- Use a skewer or toothpick to swirl through batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Rest in pan for 5 minutes, turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
This recipe was adapted and inspired by The Novice Chef