I have had this odd craving (no I am not pregnant) for dates lately, I have been making date cookies, energy balls and my latest favourite is this Banana & Date muffin recipe. I have made quite a few variations of banana muffins over the years, with weetbix or chocolate chips, but have to say this recipe is rather healthy and I would prefer it than the choc chip variety.
Banana and Date Muffins
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, extra
- Preheat oven to 180C fan forced
- Line 12 hole muffin tin with cases
- In a mixing bowl add bananas, olive oil, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla, mix together.
- Sift flour over top, stir to combine
- Gently stir through the dates and pumpkin seeds
- Spoon mixture evenly into prepared muffin tin
- Sprinkle each muffin with extra pumpkin seeds
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
I adapted this recipe from the It’s All Good Cookbook by Gwyneth Paltrow.