My Miss 13 has taken over my kitchen lately baking for lunchboxes and a few extra sweet snacks. She loves baking and especially the recipes that you get your hands dirty and have to give a little creative flare, she’s so clever! Miss made these Marshmallow Balls recently, she was in her element!
They have a sweet biscuit mixture coating the marshmallow, a really nice snack idea especially for Easter.
I may have tried a half, they are sweet so it’s easy to not over indulge.
These can be made a week ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 200g butter
- 395g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 375g plain sweet biscuit crumbs
- 300g pink and white marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- In a medium saucepan, over low heat add butter, condensed milk, sugar, cocoa and extract.
- Stir for 3-5 minutes or until smooth and combined together.
- Remove from heat and stir through the biscuit crumbs.
- Place coconut into a separate small bowl.
- Using damp hands, press 3 heaped teaspoons of mixture around each marshmallow, roll firmly to create a ball.
- Roll balls in coconut.
- Place balls on trays and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour or until firm. Serve.
- Store in fridge.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
More ball recipes you may enjoy
Miss 13 made some just as delicious Cherry Ripe balls a few years ago, really easy for kids to make.
Healthy bliss balls are a raw snack filled with protein and energy, usually packed with dried fruits like medjool dates nuts and seeds, very easy to make.