After a bite-sized snack for Christmas Day or an upcoming Christmas party? You’ll love these Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Balls, they look wonderfully festive displayed on a Christmas table, not very hard to make and they are uber delicious too!
We really like cheesecake so have used a full block of cream cheese but if you want the ball more of a crunchy biscuit texture you can use 1/2 – 3/4 of a block.
I placed the balls on a silicone mat on a baking tray, the choc coated balls are really easy to peel off the silicone.
I gave my eldest daughter, who helped me make these balls, a Chocolate Dipping Set for her birthday this year. It came in really handy to dip the balls mess free!
Be warned these Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Balls get eaten up super quickly, you may want to make a double batch!!
YOU WILL NEED
- 500g Oreo biscuits
- 250g Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 drop Peppermint essential oil
- 250g White melting chocolate
- 5 candy canes, crushed
- Blitz oreo's in a food processor until finely crushed into crumbs.
- Place oreo's, cream cheese and peppermint essential oil into a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Put mixture into the fridge for one hour, or until firm.
- Roll mixture into bite sized balls.
- Melt chocolate following packet instructions.
- Line a tray with silicone mat or baking paper (your going to make a mess).
- Dip balls entirely into chocolate to coat, place on tray.
- Stop after dipping a few balls and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. It's best to do this before the chocolate sets otherwise the candy canes won't stick.
- Repeating with remaining mixture.
- Place Balls in fridge until firm and ready to serve.
Store in fridge. Instead of peppermint essential oil you could use a teaspoon of peppermint extract.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #theorganisedhousewife. I’d love to see your creation!
MORE CHRISTMAS TREAT RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
MY NAN’S CHRISTMAS RUM BALLS – This is my absolute favourite Christmas recipe, my Nan’s Christmas Rum Balls, I make it every year, it not only reminds me of my beautiful Nan but the fun times I spent with my extended family each Christmas when I was a child.
CHRISTMAS CHOW – Christmas Chow is a crunchy, sweet snack filled with cereal, chocolate, peanut butter, icing sugar and more. It’s very easy, my kids actually make it themselves.
SUPER EASY CHRISTMAS REINDEER BISCUITS – A very quick, easy and I think adorable Christmas Reindeer Biscuit. The kids can make these for end of school year party day!