I gave my pantry a good clean out on the weekend and found some dried fruit and oatbran that I wanted to use up. You know me, I am loving having some healthy balls and slice on hand so I created this little recipe. If I had the patience on this day I would of rolled/squeezed them into balls, but instead it was easier to press the mixture into a cake pan and then slice after it had set. This is not a treat for school lunch boxes as it’s filled with nuts, perhaps as an after school snack for the kids but definitely something you can have with your coffee!!
Raw fruit and nut slice
- 100g dried dates, seeds removed
- 100g dried apples
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 60g oat bran
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 80g mixed nuts (almonds, pecans etc)
- Line a square cake pan with greaseproof paper
- Place fruit, oatbran and nuts into food processor and process on high speed until they are fine crumbs.
- Add coconut oil and process for 10 seconds to combine
- Pour mixture into cake pan and press mixture tightly (using the bottom of a glass) into the pan
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours for slice to set
- Slice with a sharp knife into bite size pieces
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge
By Kat – The Organised Housewife