Carrot Muffins / Carrot Cake
- 3 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup peanut or sunflower oil
- 2 cups raw sugar
- 1 cup pecan nuts, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 packet cream cheese,
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- juice 2 lemons
- shredded lemon zest for garnish.
- Preheat oven o 160C
- In one bowl mix toghether oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla essence.
- In a large bowl mix wholemeal flour, cinnamon, salt, carrot and baking soda.
- Add the oil mixture and stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden (remember that this is a very moist cake.)
- Remove from tin after 5 min. Allow to Cool.
- Ice with a cream cheese and lemon topping. Alternatively, shake icing sugar over the cake.
- Beat all ingredients well and spread over the cooled cake.
- Scatter the shredded lemon zest on the top for garnish.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife