A delicious Apricot Yoghurt Muffin recipe that’s easy to prepare and perfect for freezing and popping in the kids’ school lunchboxes.
Fruit muffins are always a great addition to the kids’ lunch boxes, and this apricot muffin recipe is no exception! This recipe is super easy to prepare. I often make a batch over the weekend and freeze so that I can add them to the kids’ lunch boxes through the week.
These Apricot Yoghurt Muffins are so quick to prep that you could even whip up a batch whilst you are waiting for dinner to finish cooking in the oven or on the stove top.
TIP: To mix things up, consider switching out the apricots with apples for another fruity flavour!
Recommended Tools to Make Apricot Yoghurt Muffins
Apricot Yoghurt Muffins
- 1 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 30g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tray or line with paper patty cases.
- In a jug add apricots and cover with boiling water. Sit for 5 minutes to soften then drain.
- In a large bowl add yoghurt, butter and egg. Mix to combine.
- Gently fold in flour, sugar and apricots until just combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cases.
- Bake muffins in oven for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Rest in tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Apricot Yoghurt Muffin recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.