Fruit muffins are always a great addition to the kids lunch box. This recipe is easy to prepare, you can do it on the weekend and freeze so you can add to lunch boxes through the week or prepare it while you are waiting for dinner to finish cooking in the oven or stove top.
Apricot Yoghurt Muffins
- 1 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 30g melted butter
- 1 egg
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Lightly grease or line a 12 hole muffin tin with patty cases.
- Place apricots in a heatproof jug and cover with boiling water, allow to sit for 5 minutes to soften, then drain.
- In a large mixing bowl add yoghrt, butter and egg, mix to combine.
- Gently fold the flour, sugar and apricots until just combined.
- Evenly spoon mixture amongst 12 muffin cases
- Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
click on image to view recipe
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.