Can you believe it, 6 weeks till Christmas. Time is just flying. Like I posted HERE we use a gorgeous wooden advent tree which we place small inexpensive gifts, each day leading up until Christmas. While looking through the current Big W catalogue I found this reasonably priced advent box which would work great for these ideas.
Create an advent gift list to help you plan the gifts for your advent calendar, make sure you have a little something for each day. An advent gift list can be found in The Organised Housewife Christmas Planner.
Another great idea instead of gifts is Christmas activities. Thankyou to reader Alicia for sharing her list of activities she places notes in her advent countdown:
- Decorate Tree
- Sing Carols (Usually fits in with Carols By Candle Light)
- Make Gingerbread houses
- Bake cookies
- Make bonbons
- Santa Photos
- Christmas Lights
- Christmas Windows and Giant Tree in city
- Christmas Story (Visit to Library)
- Taste Testing Game
- Christmas Craft – Foam Picture Frame Kits
- Write Letters to Santa
- Take donations to Salvos, Kmart Wishing tree and Church
- Wrap Pressies
- Make Badges (We add a new one to our Santa sack each year)
- Make Stainglass Windows (out of contact and coloured cellophane)
- Christmas Craft 3D Snowman
- Colour in Fuzzy Christmas Pictures
- Decorate a Gingerbread Man Notebook
- Make Christmas Gifts for all service workers in our area (Hairdresser, doctor, postman)
- Deliver Handmade Gifts
- Make a Present Picture Frame
- Bake – Christmas Tree Bark
- Buy – Christmas Placemats
I’m loving these ideas Alicia, I haven’t purchased all gifts yet for my advent, so I am going to add the rest as activites, thanks for this great idea!!
Do you have an activity that could be added to the list??