This post is sponsored by Nuffnang.
The upcoming new Disney movie, Tangled, is based upon the tale of Rapunzel and has a running theme of boys vs. girls. As we are a family of 2 boys and 3 girls we often have our own little rivalries, especially when playing Monopoly I find that the boys want to earn heaps of money, but we girls are happy to wonder around the board and buy when we feel like it. What to watch on TV is always a battle, usually the girls win because we outnumber the boys!!
Our own Boy v Girls
As you know the kids are receiving gifts from the advent calendar, over the weekend they received a big Christmas colour pad, as it was a rainy day outside the kids decided to challenge themselves to see who could colour in the best picture.
While they were colouring I did notice that DS was quick to colour, it’s like a race without taking much care for presentation until… mummy steps in and mentioned that I will give a prize to the best coloured page. The girls were completely different taking their time and making sure it looked beautiful and as DD#2 wanted…perfect. My conclusion of boy and girl rivalry is that girls are perfectionists and boy’s are constantly in a race.
Each drawing was great, I couldn’t judge who was the best, so I gave a prize to each of them, laminating the page to create their very own christmas placemats 😉
In Disney Digital 3D™
- Genre – Animation
- Rating -PG – Mild Animated Violence
- Release Date – January 6, 2011
- Voice Cast – Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi, Donna Murphy
- Directors – Byron Howard, Nathan Greno
- Producer – Roy Conli
- Composer – Alan Menken
- Lyrics by – Glenn Slater
Walt Disney Pictures presents TANGLED, an action-packed, swashbuckling, animated musical comedy about the girl behind 70 feet of magical, golden hair. A princess stolen from her parents’ castle as a baby, Rapunzel (voice of MANDY MOORE) is locked in a hidden tower longing for adventure. Now an imaginative and determined teenager, she takes off on a hilarious, hair-raising escapade with the help of a dashing bandit (voice of ZACHARY LEVI). With the secret of her royal heritage hanging in the balance and her captor in pursuit, Rapunzel and her cohort find adventure, heart, humor, and hair… lots of hair. With original music by Alan Menken and lyrics by Glenn Slater, this comedic re-imagining of the classic Brothers Grimm fairytale comes to theaters in Disney Digital 3D™.
- Byron Howard directed Walt Disney Animations Studios’ “Bolt,” the 2008 animated comedy adventure that grossed more than $300 million worldwide and earned two Golden Globe® nominations (Best Animated Film and Best Original Song for “I Thought I Lost You”) and an Oscar® nomination for Best Animated Feature. Nathan Greno served as head of story on the film.
- Alan Menken created the magical scores and songs for several of Walt Disney Pictures’ animated classics, winning eight Academy Awards® for his work on “The Little Mermaid” (Original Score, Original Song with Howard Ashman—“Under the Sea”), “Beauty and the Beast” (Original Score, Original Song with Howard Ashman—“Beauty and the Beast”), “Aladdin” (Original Score, Original Song with Tim Rice—“A Whole New World”), and “Pocahontas” (Original Score, Original Song with Steven Schwartz—“Colors of the Wind”). Menken was nominated for an Oscar® an additional ten times.
- Glenn Slater was a 2008 Tony® and Grammy® nominee for his work on “The Little Mermaid.” He is the recipient of the prestigious Kleban Award for Lyrics, the ASCAP/Richard Rogers New Horizons Award and the Jonathan Larson Award.
Walt Disney Pictures presents TANGLED, a 3D, action-packed, swashbuckling, animated musical comedy about the girl behind 70 feet of magical, golden hair who takes off on a hilarious, hair-raising escapade with the help of a dashing bandit.