We are saving for an overseas holiday so these holiday is all about cutting costs and finding FREE entertainment.
20 Fun Free Holiday Activities
This is a really fun idea for the kids to do over the holidays, you could put flowers, strawberries or herbs in the pots!Learn how to make a DIY Upcycled Rainbow Pallet Flower Garden Planter at Hello Creative Family.
Here are some ideas you may like to use:
- Picnic in the park
- Bake some cupcakes, ice and decorate
- $1 cheap DVD Movies night at home
- Bunnings have fun free activities
- Letter to Santa, will help you get organised for Christmas
- Local council activities, check your councils website for more details.
- Make a cubby house under the dining table
- Local library activities, check at the library for activities schedule.
- Shopping centre usually have free activities each school holiday’s
- Buy some butchers paper and make create your own wrapping paper for Christmas or birthdays.
- Crafts at home
- Create your own story book
- Rearrange bedrooms
- Teddy Bears picnic in the backyard
- Plant some flowers in the garden
- Board games are so much fun
- Visit local museum
- Visit a farm and feed the animals
- Make and fly a kite
- Write a letter to grandparents, aunty or cousins.
- Spend the day in PJ’s.
Hope you find these suggestions helpful!!
This post was originally published on September 20th 2010.
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.