Rekindle the love with these easy last-minute date and gift ideas that won’t break the bank – some can even be enjoyed at home after the kids go to bed!
As life gets busier and our ‘to-do’ lists grow, our special someone can slip unnoticed right off the bottom of this list. The love and laughter aren’t lost, they’re often just hiding under a pile of dirty washing! This is why it’s so important to make a conscious effort to carve out time to reconnect and unwind with our partners, show them that you love them, or simply have a good old giggle.
Date days and expressions of love needn’t go out the window simply because money is a little tighter and kid-free nights are as scarce as an elephant in a supermarket (I love that visual!). It’s love and laughter that makes the world go round after all, so rekindling those magical moments doesn’t take time, simply a little creativity and a lot of love!
Last Minute Gift Ideas
- A love letter
- Bake their favourite cake
- A massage (professional or at home by you)
- Frame your favourite memory
- An indoor plant (you could even make your own tin can planter!)
- Breakfast in bed
- A night off all parenting duties
- A yummy home-cooked meal
- A gift voucher (and the time to use it without the kids in tow)
- A sleep in!
- Clean their car for them
- Flowers (of course!), and having them delivered is even more special!
LAST MINUTE TIP: If you’ve left Valentine’s Day, a birthday or your anniversary to the last-minute and are wanting a gift idea that screams personality and LOVE, check out LVLY. They’re an online company that offers Australia-wide delivery for beautiful floral arrangements, succulent plants, food and alcohol hampers, pamper experiences and heaps more! So now you have no excuse not to spoil that special somebody.
At-Home Date Ideas
- Share a tub of ice-cream while watching a movie
- Put on 80’s and 90’s music and dance around the lounge-room
- Cook a fancy meal together
- Board games with a cheeseboard and wine
- Do a puzzle together
- Have a wine and painting night together
- Sort through old photos – it’s a great way to relive all your special moments
- Eat by candlelight
- Be a kid again and play online games like Mario Kart
- Picnic in your backyard under the stars
- Make a time capsule together – and then open it together 10 years from now!
- Find a TV show to binge-watch together
- Recreate a couples day-spa at home
- Watch a stand-up comedy skit together
- Go camping in the backyard
- Give each other a massage
- Pull out the kid’s Nerf guns and have a battle – or get the water pistols out in the backyard!
- Watch a movie under the stars by taking a blanket, some pillows, and your iPad or laptop into the backyard
- Have a few drinks and watch your favourite songs on youtube together
Day-Time Date Ideas
- Fish and chips by the beach
- Go bike riding (most cities offer a bike hire service)
- Have a picnic in the park
- Go for a scenic bush walk
- Catch a ferry and take in the view together
- Morning tea at a coffee shop
- Go to your local swimming pool
- Let loose at a trampoline park
- Visit a bookstore then read by the pool together
- Pack some food and have a day at the beach
- Go roller skating or ice skating
- Fly kites
- Go on a breakfast date (breaky often costs less)
- Visit the museum or art gallery
- Take a soccer ball or cricket bat to the park and play
- Go fruit picking
- Donate blood together
- Do a gym class together
- Get an ice-cream and just wander the streets together
Night-Time Date Ideas
- Go out for dessert
- Do karaoke (this can also be done at home if you’re feeling shy)
- Go to a trivia night
- Bingo – it’s actually a lot of fun!
- Get kebabs and eat them in the park
- Check what local events are on in your area (these are often free!)
- Go for a long night-time walk around your neighbourhood or somewhere scenic
- Meet at the movies and pretend you’re strangers on a first date
- Listen to local live music
- Go to a drive-in movie (they are often a lot cheaper, and you can take your own snacks)
- Check out local stand-up comedy nights
WHICH LAST MINUTE DATE & GIFT IDEAS SAVED YOU?!
Pin this image below to Pinterest!