When my friends and I got into a conversation about how to hard boil an egg, everyone had their own methods including some interesting sounding contraptions. I thought I’d share with you some tips and how I hard boil my eggs.
- Use an egg at room temperature, this stops the shell from cracking
- Start with cold water
- Use a slotted spoon to take eggs out of the saucepan
- Run them under some cold water so you can easily peel away the shell
- Don’t put them in the fridge to cool, it makes them harder to peel
- Place egg/s in a saucepan covered in cold water
- Bring the water to the boil
- Take off the heat and let stand for 10-15 minutes
- Run under cool water to cool the egg
- Peel off the shell
I found this very interesting contraption for cooking eggs, it made me laugh, I can’t believe something like this exists.
How do you boil your eggs?
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.