This has been the MOST asked question I receive:
How do you organise and store the kids drawings?
Over the next few days I will show you some ideas on what I do with their drawings along with other tips.
Recently I redecorated the kids toy room as they had outgrown the current scheme. When the kids were little this blackboard was so much fun, allowing all 3 kids to draw on it together. However when I got a new computer I gave them my old one for their homework, hence needing a desk and in front of the blackboard was the only place to put it. Which then made it hard for them to access.
Above: The kids created the artwork for the wall! I purchased the frames from IKEA and a piece of cardboard from the newsagent and they painted away. The twins were 3 and youngest was 1 when these were made.
- I removed the blackboard which I had nailed into the wall, so I had to patch up the holes and repaint the wall. This is now in the garage for them to use.
- I updated the kids artwork – I always wanted a wall filled with their drawings.
- I found some drawings that were bright, colourful and drawn for a purpose (such as mothers day) to display.
- I have left room on the wall to add more frames.
- I used 3M Command Picture Hanging Strips to place the frames on the wall. Which eliminates the need for nailing into the wall and being able to change the pictures around easily at a later date.
I used frames from IKEA
I had to keep the framed Winnie the Pooh which I crossed stitched when pregnant
View more storing kids artwork ideas: