Keeping your home clean is always a challenge, but it is achievable with these helpful tips from me and my online community.
As you know I love hearing from you and also sharing your tips with The Organised Housewife community. I asked on Facebook recently for some of the community’s tips on how to keep your home tidy without spending all day cleaning, as we all know this can be a constant struggle with or without children. There is always dirty laundry, dust, clutter to deal with, no matter how on top of things you are.
Helpful Tips from my Online Community
- When I walk through the house, I pick up things which belong in the direction I am walking and I deposit them there. It’s a pain-free way of decluttering or tidying up, that hardly takes any extra time – Kateryna
- No matter how tired I am, after I have gotten hubby and the kids to bed, I will tidy a room – Marie
- Keep bathroom countertops clear of clutter so at night it’s easy to wipe over the bench and sink – Tania
- Each night I will do the dishes, wipe the countertops down, tidy up the living and dining room and give the floors a quick sweep. Well, I say quick, but the whole process can take anything from 1 to 3 hours, depending on the day we’ve had. It might seem an impossible task for an overworked, exhausted mother, but I honestly sleep better not having to lie in bed worrying about the mess I would have to rush to clean tomorrow morning. The best part, is in the morning, when I come downstairs and walk into a clean area, it just lifts my mood, like I can face anything today – Marike
- Rehang items that can be re-worn as soon as you take them off, rather than laying them on the floor or bed – Julia
- I know Kat mentions this all the time, and at first, I didn’t think that such a simple thing would make a difference, but it truly works. I make my bed after my morning shower and it instantly makes the room look tidy and me a little bit chirpier – Sal
- Making sure I have put on a load of washing every night has helped me to keep on top of the never-ending mountain of dirty clothes. – Louise
- This is another one of Kat’s tips that has truly changed my mornings. I empty my dishwasher and pack the breakfast dishes back into it when I am waiting for my kettle to boil for my morning cuppa. – Justine
- Clean as you cook – Maddy