Tea Tree Essential Oil, or also known as Melaleuca, is best known for its purifying qualities, which make it useful for cleansing the skin and home surfaces, purifying the air, or promoting healthy immune function.
I am slowly building an A-Z Essential Oil Usage Guide, listing the extensive and therapeutic properties of each of the Essential Oils I have been using along with remedies and benefits for health, beauty and around the home.
I use doTERRA Essential Oils. You can purchase oils with a 25% discount. There’s no minimum spend and there’s never any obligation to make another purchase if you don’t want to. You do NOT need to place an order every month or on-sell to friends or family. You simply get to save 25%. Read more here.
ABOUT TEA TREE ESSENTIAL OIL
Tea Tree essential oil has over 92 different compounds and limitless applications. The leaves of the Melaleuca tree were used by the Aborigines of Australia for centuries. They would crush the leaves and inhale the oil to promote feelings of clear breathing and apply the leaves directly to the skin for a cooling effect. Melaleuca is best known for its purifying properties. It can be used to cleanse and purify the skin and nails and to support a healthy complexion. Taken internally, Tea Tree promotes healthy immune function and can be used on surfaces throughout the home to protect against environmental threats. Tea Tree is frequently used on occasional skin irritations to soothe the skin and diffusing Tea Tree essential oils will help purify and freshen the air.
Aromatic Description: Herbaceous, green, leathery
- Renowned for its cleansing and rejuvenating effect on the skin
- Promotes healthy immune function*
- Protects against environmental and seasonal threats*
5 GREAT USES FOR TEA TREE ESSENTIAL OIL
- Skin irritation – For occasional skin irritations, apply 1–2 drops of Tea Tree essential oil onto the affected area.
- Cuts – Add 1-2 drops to a cut, works as an antiseptic on small cuts.
- Bites – Sooth insect bites by rubbing 1-2 drops over bites on the skin.
- Immune System – Add 1–2 drops to water, citrus drinks, or veggie caps to support healthy immune system function.*
- Facial cleanser – Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving.
- Healthy nails – Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to purify and keeps nails looking healthy.
- Purify – Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces to protect against environmental threats.
- Nasal congestion – Add 3-4 drops to a diffuser to help loosen nasal congestion
- Mattress Spray – in a bottle combine – 3 drops Tea Tree + 3 drops Eucalyptus + 3 drops Lemon + 3 drops Lavender + 3 drops Peppermint + fill half bottle with witch hazel + fill with water
- Hair detangler – Help prevent head lice by adding a few drops to your hair detangler.
MY FAVOURITE TEA TREE ESSENTIAL OIL DIFFUSING BLENDS
- Cold and Flu – 3 drops Peppermint + 2 drops Eucalyptus + 2 drops Tea Tree + 1 drop Lemon
- Immune Stimulation – 3 drops Lavender + 1 drops Rosemary + 2 drops Tea Tree + 2 drops Geranium
- Odour Elimination – 2 drops lemon + 1 drop Tea Tree + 1 drop Lime + 1 drop Geranium
- Room Refresh – 2 drops Lavender + 2 drops Tea Tree + 2 drops Wild Orange + 2 drops Cedarwood
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
How do you use Tea Tree Essential Oil?
Join my private Facebook group The Organised Housewife – Essential Oils.