The cleansing, purifying, and invigorating properties of Lemon make it one of the most versatile oils out there, not to mention the top-selling essential oil that doTERRA offers. I find the aroma stimulating yet calming and use it regularly.
I am slowly building an A-Z Essential Oil Usage Guide, listing the extensive and therapeutic properties of each of the Essential Oils I have been using along with remedies and benefits for health, beauty and around the home.
I use doTERRA Essential Oils. You can purchase oils with a 25% discount. There’s no minimum spend and there’s never any obligation to make another purchase if you don’t want to. You do NOT need to place an order every month or on-sell to friends or family. You simply get to save 25%. Read more here.
About Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon is doTERRA’s top-selling essential oil, and this may be because of its many uses and benefits. It’s citrus-y and fresh scent has been shown to create an ‘uplifting and energising’ environment when used in a diffuser. It is also a powerful cleansing agent and is a great natural ingredient for use throughout the home. When added to water, it provides a refreshing health kick. Used internally, lemon provides cleansing and digestive benefits.
Aromatic Description – Clean, fresh, citrus, bright
- Uplifting and promotes positivity
- Cleans and purifies
- Booster for immune system
- Promotes healthy respiratory function
9 Great uses for Lemon Essential Oil
- Take internally to help with seasonal respiratory discomfort
- Diffuse to create an uplifting surrounding
- Add two drops in water to aid your metabolism
- Use a cloth soaked in lemon oil to protect your leather furniture and surfaces
- Add it to your homemade cleaning products to clean surfaces and countertops, I use it in my all purpose cleaner and fridge cleaner – view my recipe here.
- A great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals
- Add to hot water and honey to soothe a sore throat and clear sinuses
- Add it to meals or desserts to add a pleasant flavour
- Remove sticky residue from labels and stickers on bottles and jars
- Steam clean microwave – fill a bowl with water, add 4 drops of lemon essential oil, microwave on high for 5 minutes, then wipe over with a cloth.
- Furniture polish – simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes.
- Natural mould cleaner – 1 cup vinegar, 15 drops lemon essential oil and 15 drops tea tree essential oil. Do not rinse off the mixture, allow it to work away at the mould.
- Keep spiders and bugs off ceiling cornices – wrap a cloth around the head of a broom, add a couple of drops of lemon oil onto the cloth. Use the broom head to clean away the cobwebs, wiping over the cornices to leave behind the lemon oil to deter them from returning.
My Favourite Lemon Essential Oil Diffusing Blends
- Headache Relief – 3 drops lemon + 3 drops Peppermint
- Lemon Twist – 4 drops Lemon + 2 drops Citrus Bliss
- Sunshine Burst – 3 drops Wild Orange + 3 drops Grapefruit + 2 drops Lemon + 1 drop Bergamot
- Workout Blend – 2 drops Peppermint + 2 drops Grapefruit + 2 drops Lemon
- Good Morning – 3 drops Grapefruit + 3 drops Lavender + 2 drops Lemon + 2 drops Peppermint
- Summertime – 2 drops Grapefruit + 2 drops Lavender + 1 drop Peppermint + 1 drop Lemon
- Revitalizing – 3 drops Bergamot + 1 drop Lemon + 2 drops Grapefruit + 1 drop Ylang Ylang
- Respiratory Support – 3 drops Lemon + 3 drops Peppermint + 3 drops Lavender
- Sleep Tight – 3 drops Peppermint + 3 drops Lavender + 3 drops Lemon
- Citrus Burst – 1 drop Lemon + 1 drop Lime + 2 drops Orange + 1 drop Grapefruit
- Morning Stroll – 4 drops Lemon + 2 drops Orange + 2 drops Lavender + 2 drops Eucalyptus
- Citrus Boost – 2 drops Lime + 2 drops Lemon + 2 drops Wild Orange + 4 drops Elevation
- Feeling Fresh – 2 drops Tea Tree + 2 drops Lemon + 2 drops Lime
- Immunity Boost – 4 drops On Guard + 4 drops Lemon
- Refresh – 2 drops Bergamot + 2 Drops Lavender + 1 drop Lemon
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in a diffuser
Internal: Dilute one drop in liquid
Topical: Apply one to two drops to desired area
Cautions – Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying the product.
How do you use Lemon Essential Oil?
Join my private Facebook group The Organised Housewife – Essential Oils.
Lemon Essential Oil is one of 3 Essential Oils are available in an introductory kit. Each of these oils can be used either aromatically in an aroma diffuser, topically, as a food flavouring or for cleaning. The Intro Kit contains a 5ml bottle of each of these three oils, a great introduction into oils if you’re eager to give them a try.
PURCHASE WHOLESALE 25% OFF – $26.50 + postage – Create a wholesale account. There’s no minimum spend and there’s never any obligation to make another purchase if you don’t want to. You do NOT need to place an order every month or on-sell to friends or family, you simply get to save 25%. Click here to get 25% off.
PURCHASE FROM MY SHOP – $35.33 RRP + postage. This offer is available for a limited time as I don’t normally sell oils in my shop, but going to trial how this offer goes. Purchase from my shop here.