As you know I use essential oils every day. Depending on what oils you diffuse, they purify the air you breathe and freshen the space to experience the aromatic benefit from calming and promoting sleep, to waking and grounding the mind by reducing feelings of stress and anxious feelings. A grounded mind can have a profound impact on your level of creativity and innovation, this is why I diffuse essential oils daily while I work.
image credit, doterra.com
It is important that you clean your diffuser regularly. If you do not maintain the cleanliness of your diffuser, oil can build up in the device and it can prevent it from diffusing your oil effectively.
I usually try and keep into the routine of clean my diffusers around the first of the month. I use a 4 plug electrical board into one electrical socket to easily plug all my diffusers in and clean at the one time.
QUICK CLEAN – This should be done after every use.
- Empty any excess oil and water left in the diffuser – After unplugging the device from the power supply, empty any essential oil left in the device. Make sure you pour away from any operating buttons found on the diffuser.
- Wipe the inside of diffuser – Using a tiny amount of detergent, wipe the inside with a small cloth or sponge. Remove any build-up in a gentle manner.
- Wipe the outside of the diffuser – Complete step 2 on the outside of the diffuser.
- Rinse and dry – Give the diffuser and water tank a rinse and leave to dry.
DEEP CLEAN – This should be done once every 1-2 months.
- Empty any excess oil and water left in the diffuser – After unplugging the device from the power supply, empty any essential oil left in the device.Make sure you pour away from any operating buttons found on the diffuser.
- Fill the diffuser with water – Fill the water tank with water halfway.
- Add 8-10 drop of vinegar – Add pure white vinegar to the tank.
- Run the diffuser – Turn the diffuser on and run for 5 minutes to allow the vinegar mixture to run through the device. This will help remove any oil build up.
- Empty the diffuser – Removing the water and vinegar.
- Clean tight spots – Dab a cotton tip in white vinegar and clean the tight spots and nooks of the diffuser.
- Rinse the diffuser – Use clean water to rinse the diffuser.
- Use a dry cloth to thoroughly wipe the diffuser.
Check out this guide to help you choose the best diffuser for essential oils. View guide here.