Grapefruit Essential Oil is one of my favourite oils. I really love the scent, it’s fresh and brings back memories of my childhood when I used to have breakfast with my Nanna, she always had a grapefruit and toast. Grapefruit Essential Oil can provide an uplifting environment due to it’s invigorating and energising aroma, while acting as a purifying agent when added to a skin care routine. This was actually the first essential oil I owned and from there I haven’t looked back.
I am slowly building an A-Z Essential Oil Usage Guide, listing the extensive and therapeutic properties of each of the Essential Oils I have been using along with remedies and benefits for health, beauty and around the home.
I now stock an ever-growing range of essential oils in The Organised Housewife Shop that are sourced from farms around the globe and purchased directly from the growers themselves where ever possible. Our collection of essential oils and blends are 100% Pure & Certified Organic as we are committed to providing ethically sourced pure essential oils.
About Grapefruit Essential Oil
Grapefruit Essential Oil is described as an energising aroma, due to it’s fun, floral and invigorating aroma. It is known for it’s clarifying effects and ability to uplift mood. It can be used in skin products to promote healthy looking skin and dim blemishes. It is also used when people are looking to lose weight due to an active ingredient found in Grapefruit that supports healthy metabolism and reduces appetite.
Aromatic Description: Citrus, floral, fruity
- Improves the appearance of blemishes
- Supports healthy metabolism
- Uplifts mood
7 Great Uses for Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Add 2-3 drops in a diffuser to stop sugar cravings
- Add 1-2 drops to your water to support a healthy metabolism and detox
- Apply several drops into bath water for a clarifying effect
- Rub into your wrists, neck or chest to uplift mood
- Diffuse 2-3 drops in a diffuser to freshen your house and the air
- Add a few drops to your teenager’s facial products to improve appearance of blemishes
- Add a few drops to Reusable Homemade Antibacterial Wipes.
My Favourite Grapefruit Essential Oil Diffusing Blends
- Good Morning Sunshine – 4 drops Grapefruit + 5 Drops Wild Orange + 2 drops Lime
- Sunshine Burst – 3 drops Wild Orange + 3 drops Grapefruit + 2 drops Lemon + 1 drop Bergamot
- Sunkissed – 2 drops Juniper Berry + 2 drops Grapefruit + 1 drop Wild Orange + 2 drops Lime
- Finding Balance – 5 drops Balance + 2 drops Grapefruit
- Energy Boost – 4 drops Grapefruit + 4 drops Rosemary + 4 drops Lime
- Bubblegum – 5 drops Grapefruit + 3 drops Ylang Ylang + 1 drop Eucalyptus
- Workout Blend – 2 drops Peppermint + 2 drops Grapefruit + 2 drops Lemon
- Good Morning – 3 drops Grapefruit + 3 drops Lavender + 2 drops Lemon + 2 drops Peppermint
- Mojito Surprise – 2 drops Peppermint + 2 drops Grapefruit + 2 drops Lime + 2 drops Citrus Bliss
- Summertime – 2 drops Grapefruit + 2 drops Lavender + 1 drop Peppermint + 1 drop Lemon
- Revitalizing – 3 drops Bergamot + 1 drop Lemon + 2 drops Grapefruit + 1 drop Ylang Ylang
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in a diffuser
Internal: Dilute one drop in liquid
Topical: Apply one to two drops to desired area
Cautions – Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
How do you use Grapefruit Essential Oil?