Widely known for it’s calming abilities, Clary Sage Essential Oil is relaxing, soothing and balancing – particularly when used to calm and soothe the skin.
I am slowly building an A-Z Essential Oil Usage Guide, listing the extensive and therapeutic properties of each of the Essential Oils I have been using along with remedies and benefits for health, beauty and around the home.
I use doTERRA Essential Oils. You can purchase oils with a 25% discount. There’s no minimum spend and there’s never any obligation to make another purchase if you don’t want to. You do NOT need to place an order every month or on-sell to friends or family. You simply get to save 25%. Read more here.
ABOUT CLARY SAGE ESSENTIAL OIL
Clary Sage assists in opening creative channels and clearing creative blocks. It eliminates distractions from the mind and assist individuals in finding a state of emptiness where creative forces may be realised. Opening individuals to the dream world, Clary Sage increases the ability to visualise and imagine new possibilities – this is an excerpt from the Emotions and Essential Oils 7th Edition Book, available from in my shop.
Aromatic Description: Woody, herbal, floral
CLARY SAGE ESSENTIAL OIL BENEFITS
Clary Sage is referred to as the Oil of Clarity and Vision. It assists you to change your perceptions and give you the courage to see the truth. Clary Sage is a perennial herb that grows up to six feet in height and has a woody and coniferous aroma. Medieval authors called the herb “clear eye”. “Clary” is derived from the Latin word “clarus”, which means clear.
- Promotes feelings of relaxation, allowing for a restful night’s sleep
- Promotes healthy-looking hair and scalp
- Promotes relief for monthly tummy discomfort
- Holds significant soothing benefits for healthy skin
- May help to soothe and calm the nervous system
- Creates a restful environment while reducing feelings of stress and nervousness
- Enhances and supports your meditation practice
GREAT USES FOR CLARY SAGE ESSENTIAL OIL
- During your menstrual cycle, apply equal parts to carrier oil and massage to abdomen for soothing relief or apply 3-5 drops to a warm compress.
- While going through menopause, diffuse and/or use in massage to support a healthy mood.
- Combine with Roman Chamomile and add to bath water for a relaxing bath.
- Diffuse or apply to pillow at night for a restful sleep.
- Add to shampoo or hair conditioner to promote healthy looking hair and scalp.
- Apply to reflex points and/or directly on area of concern to assist in circulatory problems.
- For healthy eye care, add 2-3 drops of Clary Sage Essential Oil to a clean and warm wash cloth; press cloth over both eyes for ten minutes to assist with the easing of puffiness.
- Combine with a carrier oil to massage and soothe the skin.
- Take two drops internally to soothe and calm the nervous system.
READ MORE & ORDER HERE: doTERRA Essential Oils Products
DIFFUSER BLEND IDEAS
- Winter Sun – 3 drops cedarwood + 2 drops siberian fir + 2 drops clary sage
- Soul Traveller – 3 drops grapefruit + 2 drops patchouli + a drops clary sage
- Hop Hop Hop – 3 drops lavender + 2 drops cedarwood + 2 drops bergamot + 1 drop clary sage
- Love My World – 3 drops lavender peace + 2 drops clary sage + 2 drops juniper berry
- Falling Leaves – 3 drops white fir + 3 drops cedarwood + 2 drops clary sage
- Open My Soul – 2 drops spearmint + 2 drops clary sage + 2 drops basil + 2 drops lemon
- Dream Catcher – 3 drops begamot + 2 drops frankincense + 2 drops clary sage + 1 drop patchouli
- Relax & Restore – 3 drops clary sage + 3 drops patchouli + 1 drop roman chamomile
- Blessings Above – 3 drops clary sage + 2 drops cedarwood + 2 drops wild orange
- Tension Release – 3 drops lavender + 3 drops clary sage + 2 drops ylang ylang + 1 drop marjoram
- Secret Admirer – 2 drops lime + 2 drops juniper berry + 1 drop clary sage
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Caution: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Join my private Facebook group The Organised Housewife – Essential Oils.